Our SEND (Special Educational Needs & Disabilities) Foundation Programmes will support you in your steps towards independence.
We offer a variety of routes to get you where you want to go, even if you don’t yet have the qualifications to get you there.
Our programmes will allow you to progress towards independence – building personal, social and work readiness skills that are vital for daily living.
With individual and small group support from dedicated staff, you’ll get experience of working with others and learn how to deal effectively with everyday situations. These are the skills you’ll need to move forward towards achieving your goals and ambitions.
We believe that everyone should be treated fairly. No student should be at a disadvantage, so we want to make sure that we make all reasonable adjustments to help you go about your learning.
Working closely with our Additional Support team, we can help develop a specific support programme tailored to your needs. This may include in or out-of-class support with literacy, numeracy or study skills, as well as other adjustments.
We can offer support with any disability, including:
- Physical disabilities
- Learning difficulties and disabilities
- Sensory impairments, such as visual or hearing difficulties
- Mental health problems
The type of support we offer includes:
- In-class support from learning support assistants
- Individual or small group out-of-class support from qualified additional support tutors
- Use of specialist software and equipment
- Guidance and support from experienced staff
- Liaison with external support agencies
- Communication support workers and note takers to aid those with hearing difficulties