Our Library and Open Access Centre provide all the learning resources, internet access and study facilities you’ll need to get ahead.
Well stocked and with qualified staff, there’s always someone on hand to help. Specialist software as well as printing and scanning facilities are available to help you present that perfect assignment. Our study areas are ideal for quiet, uninterrupted study.
The libraries are at the centre of academic life in the college, and we work closely with tutors to provide a targeted selection of print and online books, magazines and databases.
All students and staff are automatically members of the library and can borrow for free.
Our library staff can offer advice and tuition to groups or individual students on copyright, referencing and research, including the use of online resources. Our library service is the winner of the 2019 CoLRiC Best Practice Award.
Access the library catalogue below:
The library is open all year round, with extended opening hours during term time.
Our facilities include:
- space to sit and study for individuals and groups, including a silent study area
- comfy seating area with a kinderbox where nursery staff and students are able to entertain young library users
- an inclusive selection of items for those who have difficulty reading or are not natural readers
- at Chichester College, international students benefit from an EFL collection of materials which has been accredited a British Council “point of excellence”
- a varied programme of displays, events, competitions and activities
- participation in national reading activities, such as the Reading Agency’s Reading Ahead and World Book Night
- DVD, music CD and fiction shelves
- 10 bookable PCs - some with specialist software
Open Access IT Centre
Drop in and use our range of bookable PCs with regularly updated Microsoft Office software and additional specialist software recommended by course tutors. Networked printers are also available for printing, scanning and copying.