Chichester College is Number 1 in Sussex
The further education national league tables were published June 2012 and it is with great pleasure and excitement that we announce that Chichester College is now ranked first in Sussex, and is officially the highest performing college in Sussex for overall success rates for 2010/11.
Chichester College is now ranked number 1 in Sussex and 22nd in the country (out of 230 Further Education Colleges). The College has improved 16 places on last year’s national performance and is now in the top 10% of further education colleges in the country, a great achievement given the wide range of courses run at the college and its inclusive nature. Chichester College has out performed all other further education colleges in Sussex and has also outshone Havant College, just over the border in Hampshire (who were in the middle of the table at 111th). Chichester College’s aim has always been to offer outstanding teaching and learning, so that its students can achieve their full potential and these results show that the college is doing that exceptionally well.
The College’s results reflect the teaching and learning that goes on in all its centres, not only the Chichester campus. Many students study at the Brinsbury campus, near Pulborough, as well as in Bognor Regis, Littlehampton, and in Worthing. Apprentices and employees study their courses solely or partly at work. Despite this range of locations and the plethora of courses on offer, Chichester College has focused on achieving improving results and giving all students a great experience. The results in the national success tables confirm that this focus on excellence is paying off.
Deputy Principal Andrew Green doesn’t want to relax though. He says:
“The College’s aim is to do its best for all our students and to nurture and encourage them to achieve the best they possibly can, whilst developing into well qualified, well rounded members of the workforce and local community.
This year we are aiming to be one of the top 10 of colleges in the country, but we will do this whilst sticking to our principles of inclusivity and opportunity for all. Our results show that excellent results and high quality learning can be achieved by all levels and abilities of students, not just the high flyers who are cherry picked by some institutions. Of course, we welcome high flying students too and have nurtured and developed our gifted and talented students onto Oxford and Cambridge as well as to winning national and international competitions. Our students have become doctors, teachers, entrepreneurs and business leaders both locally, nationally and internationally but we have also helped some of the less able to achieve worthwhile careers and fulfil their dreams too.
We are delighted that our results continue to improve which is a result of the hard work, enthusiasm and dedication of our staff and we pledge to go on giving all our students an excellent experience whether they are younger, older, full or part time, studying in college or at work.”
Notes on Success Rate Tables
- The success rate tables are published annually, after all the colleges in England have had their results verified. The results just published are the academic year 2010/11
- Chichester College is one of the largest colleges in the country, with approximately 15,000 people studying with us in any one year:
- 4,000 16-18 years olds
- 1,100 students who are 19 and over, studying full-time
- 5,400 students who are 19 and over, studying part-time or for pleasure
- 1,000 students who are between 14-16 and study 1 day a week at college, whilst doing their GCSEs at school
- 2,500 international students
- 1,000 apprentices coming into college 1 day a week, whilst being in employment
- Courses in all 15 subject areas are run and in most cases are available from pre GCSE level to the equivalent of A level or higher.
- The College is open all year round to give advice and receive applications for courses starting in September. If you would like information about courses at Chichester College, call the Admissions Team on 01243 786321