The information below describes how we, Chichester College Group (the Group), collect, use and protect your information. In this context we are called a Data Controller. The Information Commissioner has useful information about Data Controllers on their website. www.ico.org.uk.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
The information we hold about you comes from the way you engage with us, such as online, through our website, via email, the post or over the telephone.
THE TYPE OF INFORMATION WE HOLD
The information we hold includes your name, address, contact telephone numbers, email address, photographs, country of origin, and documents such as qualifications, academic results, and attendance information. We may also hold sensitive information such as your ethnicity, religion, political affiliation, sexual orientation, political affiliation and medical information.
The Group operates a CCTV system for the purposes of security and safety of both staff and students. The operation of this system complies with the Code of Practice issued by the Information Commissioner.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
The Group has to collect data about its members of staff, students, clients and other users to allow it to monitor performance, achievements, health and safety and security. It is also necessary to process this data so that staff can be paid, courses organised and legal obligations to funding bodies and government complied with.
We process your information for the following legitimate business interests:
- To comply with HMRC and employment regulations
- To comply with DfE and education regulations
- To comply with other regulations such as Health and Safety
We may, with your permission also use your contact information:
- To contact you requesting feedback on our services
- To contact you about courses, services and opportunities
- To invite you to events.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH
It is the Group’s policy to make information as public as possible. We also have specific obligations under Freedom of Information Regulations. The following will be available to the public for inspection:
- Summary details of student achievement and examination successes.
- Student participation in productions and events related to or resulting from their studies. This may include, but is not limited to photographs, videos, spoken records and documents. Where practical and required by regulations the permission of the individual will be obtained before this is done.
- Any individual who has reason for wishing that any of these details should remain confidential should contact the Data Protection Officer firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not share personal information about you with third parties without your consent. We are required, by law, to pass on some of this personal data to, for example:
- The Police
- the Department for Education (DfE) - on a statutory basis under section 3 of The Education (Information About Individual Pupils) (England) Regulations 2013.
- youth support services – under section 507B of the Education Act 1996, to enable them to provide information regarding training and careers as part of the education or training of 13-19 year olds
The National Pupil Database (NPD)
- The NPD is owned and managed by the Department for Education and contains information about pupils in schools in England. It provides invaluable evidence on educational performance to inform independent research, as well as studies commissioned by the Department. It is held in electronic format for statistical purposes. This information is securely collected from a range of sources including schools, local authorities and awarding bodies.The law requires us to provide information about our pupils to the DfE as part of statutory data collections. Some of this information is then stored in the national pupil database (NPD). The legislation that requires this is the Education (Information About Individual Pupils) (England) Regulations 2013.
- To find out more about the NPD, go to https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/national-pupil-database-user-guide-and-supporting-information.
STORING YOUR INFORMATION
Your personal information will be stored on systems owned or operated by the Group or those of our specific suppliers and will only be stored inside the European Economic Area (EEA), or a country approved by the EU.
Within the Group your information will be stored on our secured systems in accordance with the organisation’s IT Security Policy.
We will retain your personal information in accordance with legal and regulatory requirements, with our retention policy, or with your explicit permission.
If you would like to have your personal data that is retained by means of your permission deleted, please email the Data Privacy Officer at email@example.com
HOW YOU CAN ACCESS YOUR INFORMATION
If you would like a copy of the information we hold about you, please email the Data Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right to:
- Object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress
- Have inaccurate personal data rectified
- Request your information to be deleted or destroyed. (Where possible your information will be deleted, however sometimes we must maintain some records for legal reasons).
If you are unhappy with the way we are using your information or how we have responded to your request, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk. We would ask that in the first instance you give us a chance to put things right by emailing email@example.com.
This website contains links to other external websites. Please be aware that the Company is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage you to be aware of this when you leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by Chichester College Group.
HOW WE WILL TELL YOU ABOUT FUTURE CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
Any changes we make to our Privacy Notice will be put on our website. Please check for updates from time to time, so you are always fully aware of the information we collected and how it is used.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information please email the Data Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org